These healthy vegan pancakes made with buckwheat flour are quick and easy to make – you only need five ingredients! Add some protein powder and you have the perfect breakfast!
Pancakes will forever be the best Sunday morning breakfast. There’s nothing quite like having a relaxing, slow Sunday morning and whipping up a stack of fluffy pancakes topped with streams of maple syrup, nut butter, fruit, and chocolate – the possibilities are endless!
Buckwheat flour is a healthier alternative to flour, it’s higher in protein and naturally gluten-free! I also love taking these pancakes to another level and adding some vegan protein powder to make them even higher in protein (#gains).
How To Making Fluffy Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes
These truly are really easy to make, it’s simply a case of mixing all the ingredients in a bowl and frying the mixture.
- If you want to make these pancakes EXTRA fluffy, leave the mixture to stand for 5 minutes before frying. This will allow the acidity of the vinegar to really activate the baking powder.
- If you have a good non-stick pan – USE IT! I use mine without any oil or butter and these pancakes come out perfect.
- If you want equal-sized pancakes, use a 1/4 cup scoop, or divide the weight of the mixture between the number of pancakes you want (it weighs 190g).
How To Store Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes
If you plan to meal prep these pancakes, keep them in an airtight container for up to a week and reheat them in a microwave or pan when you want them!
Here are some more buckwheat flour recipes:
BAKING IN GRAMS
All of the recipes I create are tried and tested a few
times until it has been perfected. My goal is to develop recipes that are
simple to make and easy to follow so that anyone can make them – even if you’ve
never baked before!
One very important thing that will ensure that you get the best results is
to measure your ingredients by weight! I recommend purchasing a kitchen scale,
they are very affordable and it will honestly change your baking game for good!
Not all measuring cups are made equally – for example, a cup of flour to me
weighs 120g, but for you, it may be anywhere between 100g and 200g – that’s a
If you don’t have a kitchen scale yet, you can use this Ingredient Weight Chart as a guideline to convert the
ingredients to help you!
Now – dust your apron off and get baking! X
Easy Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes
- Non-Stick Frying Pan
- 50 g Buckwheat Flour
- 20 g Protein Powder or more buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar or a squeeze of lemon juice
- 125 g Milk or dairy-free milk
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high heat (or add a bit of butter of oil spray) and spoon in some of the pancake batter. Form a round shape with the back of a spoon.
- Once the bottom is cooked (around 3 minutes), flip it over and cook the other side for another minute or two.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Serve with anything you want!
- If you omit the protein powder and use more buckwheat flour instead, you can add some maple syrup into the batter to add some sweetness.